2015 CCHN Neighborhood Survey Results
Late last year we asked you to share your thoughts regarding two important areas: general feedback about the board, and capital needs in the neighborhood. Thank you to everyone who participated. Your opinions are invaluable to the current and future state of our neighborhood. Without further adieu, here are the results.
Most Important Issues to Residents (listed in order of importance):
• Improve communication around how CCHN spends its budget, neighborhood activities, issues outside the neighborhood in surrounding areas, CCH Design Review Committee, relationship between neighborhood and city capital needs.
• Increase in security hours
• Beautification of the neighborhood, which includes flowers and maintenance of medians
• Repairs to the historic gates
• Adding and improving street lighting
• Concerns over snow removal
• Repair and repave current sidewalks
• Increasing the amount of current sidewalks
• Traffic Safety
• Street repair
The CCHN Board has discussed the survey results and agreed upon priorities for 2016. Capital needs priorities will be broken into two phases. Phase 1 includes historic gate repair, security review, beautification of the neighborhood, and snow removal options. Phase 2 may include street lighting, sidewalk repair and sidewalk expansion. Because many of these items will require additional funding, the board will determine funding options for capital needs and other improvements. The CCHN Board has also identified a communication strategy, which we have detailed for you below.